NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Sequence Example Library Feedback

Welcome to the Real-Time Sequence Example Library Feedback.  Feel free to leave comments about example sequences that you would like to see.

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,972 Views)

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this question, but I am looking to start/stop datalogging from inside a real-time sequence (which I don't think you can do). 

Specifically, I want to change a value in an RT sequence, wait for things to stabilize and then log a very short amount of data (a few samples), then repeat until I have an entire channel sweep of data (just without the transient behavior).  Is there any way to do this?  I would like to avoid heavy post-processing of my data.

Thanks!

Matt Miller

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,308 Views)

Yeah its possible. When you set up your data log, specify a trigger channel like a user channel or something. Then pass that channel into your RT sequence as a parameter. Then inside your rt seq set that channel value when you want to log samples.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,308 Views)

Matt,

For general support questions please create a service request by visiting ni.com/support

You will be directed to post on a dedicated support forum monitored by engineers, or make a phone call, or make an email.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,308 Views)

Stephen,

Thanks for the quick response.  That sounds easier than I thought.  That will be very helpful when we get it working.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,308 Views)