NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand 2015 .Net API: FileNotFoundException at runtime linking

Hello,

I got a FileNotFoundException at runtime linking.

Via fusionlog-Viewer of Visual Studio 2012 I saw, that the NationalInstruments.VeriStand.APIInterface.dll is missing. I added a reference to the VeriStand.dll and VeriStand.ClientAPI.dll to my project. I use .Net Framework 4.0 as target framework like recommended in the VeriStand .Net API documentation.

I saw also in the examples, that there are only the both above mentioned DLLs are referenced by the Project. In the installation path of VeriStand i cannot find any dll called APIInterface.

The fusionlog-output is attached.

PS: the error occured with .Net API 2013 and .Net API 2015

Thanks,

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,284 Views)

Hi Markus,

I believe the VeriStand.APIInterface.dll is placed in the Windows global assembly cache during installation.

Are you working with VeriStand 2015 SP1? The version of the assembly referenced in the log is the SP1 version, so I just wanted to double check.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,031 Views)

I looked into the Windows GAC, but i did not find any DLL of VeriStand.

On my development machine I do not have a VeriStand installation. I just want to implement with the .Net API. I know, that I cannot build a connection without running VeriStand, but I expected another Exception instead of the FileNotFoundException.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,031 Views)

mlachenmayr,

You are correct that without the VeriStand installs you can't have a connection, but it goes a step further than that.  The application is trying to find the .NET assemblies the code is calling into, and can't find them.  That's the error I would expect for that case.  Putting the actual DLLs on your development machine would allow those to be packaged with the EXE into your installer.  Alternatively, installing VeriStand on the client machine may also work.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,031 Views)