From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 272x Custom Device Feedback

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the troubles. Lets see if we can make some progress.

I have a lot of questions:

• What symptoms of "not working" are you experiencing? Please provide more detail here. Errors? Deployment issues? Physical values? Channel value oddities?
  • What version of the custom device are you using? You can check by going to <Public Documents>\National Instruments\NI VeriStand <year>\Custom Devices\NI 272x Resistive Simulation and opening up the .xml file with a text editor. The tag at the top
    <Version>2.0.1</Version>
    Should be there. If you're not using 2.0.1... please upgrade and let me know if that helps
  • The custom device has a "status" section that exposes debug information like error code, late count and loop duration. Can you monitor these channels and post their values here?
  • The custom device will print to the console detailed error information. Do you see any text there? I recommend using a web browser and typing in the ip address of your target. Navigate to the console section (left side) and view the console there. You get a scroll bar so you can see much more information and copy and paste it.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 50
(4,849 Views)

#1 - No output (Infinite Resistance) and no errors

#2 - 2.0.1

#3 - no error codes

#4 - no error information on console

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 50
(4,849 Views)

Thanks for the info. Can you attach the sysdef? (click use advanced editor i the top right to bring up attachments)

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 50
(4,849 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 50
(4,849 Views)

John,

This sysdef has a lot of things in it. Can you try making a copy and deleting everything except the resistive simulation custom devices and see if that works correctly?

Also, another thing to try would be using just one instance of the resistive simulation custom device, but picking different hardware each deploy. That way we can figure out if its a hardware or software problem.

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 50
(4,849 Views)

For the cards that aren't working, do you see the actual value channel change when you change the desired value?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 50
(4,849 Views)

Created a new project to do that now can't run it

• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2011\Projects\Resistance Test\Resistance Test.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Starting VeriStand PC Engines...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target Controller.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -200220 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

Device identifier is invalid.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Property Node DAQmx Device (arg 2) in ni272x Error Check Product ID.vi:8->ni272x Initialize Session.vi:2->NI 272x Resistive Simulation Custom Device Engine.lvlib:Engine Initialize.vi:1->NI 272x Resistive Simulation Custom Device Engine.lvlib:Driver.vi:1 <append>
Device Specified: 2725Slot8

• Shutting down VeriStand PC Engines...
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 50
(4,849 Views)

For the cards that aren't working, do you see the actual value channel change when you change the desired value?

Yes but when I measure the output from the card I don't get anything

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 50
(4,849 Views)

John_Marques wrote:

Created a new project to do that now can't run it

• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2011\Projects\Resistance Test\Resistance Test.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Starting VeriStand PC Engines...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target Controller.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -200220 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

Device identifier is invalid.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Property Node DAQmx Device (arg 2) in ni272x Error Check Product ID.vi:8->ni272x Initialize Session.vi:2->NI 272x Resistive Simulation Custom Device Engine.lvlib:Engine Initialize.vi:1->NI 272x Resistive Simulation Custom Device Engine.lvlib:Driver.vi:1 <append>
Device Specified: 2725Slot8

• Shutting down VeriStand PC Engines...
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

• Can you post this system definition?
  • Can you post a screenshot of your MAX -> Remote Devices -> PXI -> Devices and Interfaces so I can see all of the hardware names?
  • What version of DAQmx is installed to the target?
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 50
(4,849 Views)

DAQmx is 9.6.0

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 50
(4,849 Views)