From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 272x Custom Device Feedback

Welcome to the NI 272x custom device feedback forum. Please provide questions or comments with regards to this custom device to this forum.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 50
(20,469 Views)

I have installed the pxi.2722 card in my pxie-1065 chassis.

MAX is running and I can set resistance values via the Switch Soft Front Panel.

I have NI Veristand Installed on the workstation (no Labview).

I have set controls for the desired resistance values in a Veristand project, however I am not seeing any Resistance output from the front connector.

Could you please guide me on what steps I may be missing to generate simple Resistance outputs on the cards 5 channels.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 50
(8,823 Views)

Hi stripes,

Try these steps:

1) make sure the device name is correct

2) make sure that daqmx 9.5 is installed on your chassis.

This sounds like an installation issue. If you continue to have problems can you post your current system definition and a max technical report of your PXIe chassis?

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 50
(8,823 Views)

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the device naming, I am selecting a PXI-2722 card and have named the card Dev1 in MAX and selected "Dev1" in Veristand.  Is this what you mean?

daqmx 9.5.5 is installed.

Please let me know if any screen grabs would be useful and I can mail them.

I have also tried the example Veristand project with no success.

Please find attached Max Technical Report including my Project file.

Best Regards,

Nick.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 50
(8,823 Views)

This problem appears to be the XML pointing towards the wrong VI for deployment. A revision of the device has been posted (<1.1.1>) and Nick is testing it.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 50
(8,823 Views)

The error device appears to be working and is display an error code=4.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 50
(8,823 Views)

Stripes,

Can you try deleting the custom device from your system definition and adding it back in?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 50
(8,822 Views)

SUCCESS!!!! J

Re-making the device in the system definition file did the trick.

I guess this is in conjunction with the new Custom Device Jesse had sent me since I had already re-made the system definition file when we were initially fault finding this issue.

Thanks for the support Jesse and Stephen.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 50
(8,822 Views)

Stripes,

A new version has been posted with many improvements. I highly recommend upgrading. Because of so many changes, this will be a 'destructive upgrade' because you will need to delete and re-add the custom device. However, I've added in a mutation framework so this should be the last time you need to do this.... future revisions will not be destructive.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 50
(8,822 Views)

Jesse,

I have 4 x PXIe-2725 Cards that when the system was originally setup were 100% operational.    Since then I had a temporary loaner controller (8130) that was setup identical to my (8133) and would not work at all.    I recieved my 8133 back from service and it appear to have not been wiped so I continued using it but 3 out of my 4 2725 cards do not work at all.    I have checked all the settings and the wiring, plus recreated the custom devices in System Explorer.   Only difference between my controller when it was sent out for service and when it returned is they downgraded the bios from 1.2.0f6 to version 1.1.0.   

I have not wiped the controller again due to card #4 working.   What troubleshooting would you recommend next?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 50
(8,822 Views)