NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Custom Device Feedback

I found a 2015 version on GITHUB.  I seem to have a corrupt/missing RT Build Specification for the ModbusPharLap project (ModbusPharLap.lvlibp).  I can build another lvlibp, but I don't know what to set the properties as.  Can you help out? 

Also after digging into the code I see this is for pharlap RT.  I need to build another project on the Linux CRIO, any ideas where to start with that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39
(4,288 Views)

Hi Joshe,

There is nothing yet for Linux-Based targets (32 and 64 Bits) because they didn't exist when the custom-device was first built.

So, the process is to create the .lvlibp for each OS and rebuild the CD.

About corrupted/missing Build Specs., can you send me a private message with some error code/screeen capture?

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(4,288 Views)
Hi Vincent_R, I noticed that "Write Single Holding Register" is supported from version 2014.1.2 but there is no build of this version and newer (2015.1.4). Could you kindly compile a build and upload it? I need this item to use with a cRIO-9082. Thank you. MP
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 39
(4,173 Views)

Hi Vincent_R,

First, thanks for your developement.

I need to build the custom device for a linux 64 target.

Can you tell me what i need to modify on the pharlap llb to use it on a linux 64 target please ?

Regards,

Mickaël

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39
(3,955 Views)

Hi Vincent,

What exactely does it mean 56 in "Slave - Last Error Code" in a serial RTU Modbus communication on cRio-9082?

This error is always on time after time, I can  see it by "Slave - Last Error Code System-Time".

Any help?

Thank you.

MP

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39
(3,947 Views)

Hey Vincent,

I'm trying to get this Custom Device working in VeriStand 2016.  I have followed the instructions for opening and re-building in LV2016, but I'm still seeing the Page Error that RasmusVistisen described previously.  I can confirm that it seems to be due to the .NET dll not being found.  When I tried to run the sub-VI called "XML_Deserialize_XML_File.vi", I got error 1386.  Once I placed the dll in the project folder, this error went away.  Even though I'm able to execute this code through the LabVIEW source code, I still get the page error when I add the Modbus Custom Device in VeriStand.  

Do I need to copy the "Modbus_CD_XML.dll" file to a different location so it can be found when called from VeriStand?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 39
(3,640 Views)

Hello,

Has anyone succeeded in running this CD on a cRIO running Linux_X64?

I have a cRIO-9035 and am struggling to create a build that will deploy successfully.

So far I have created a VS2015.1 build for my PXI based system but am stuck on the next steps for the cRIO system.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(3,205 Views)

Hello,

I read the custom device can be instantiated only 2 times per target. Could someone tell me the reason of this limitation ?

Thanks

Yohann L.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(2,975 Views)

Hi,

Can someone tell me what are the differences between https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Modbus-Custom-Device and https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Modbus-Custom-Device-v2 ?

Thanks a lot

Yohann L.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(1,668 Views)