From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Simulation Toolkit Feedback

Actually a better work around for #1 is to toggle 'reverse data' on and off

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Well it's moot anyway, easy fix. 1.2.2 is up now with a fix.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Looks good, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I found that Engine simulation toolkit cannot work with NI-XNET. I have tested NI-XNET and engine simulation toolkit separately and they worked well. But as long as NI-XNET and engine simulation toolkit get configured in the same Veristand project, I will receive the following error message:

*****************************************************************************************************

Details:

Error -61200 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA:  The operation could not be performed because the FPGA is busy operating in FPGA Interface C API mode. Stop all activities on the FPGA before requesting this operation.

*****************************************************************************************************

I have a customized bitfile specified in engine simulation toolkit. But it worked fine with other functionalities such as Scan Engine and Ethercat and Simulation Model etc.. By specifying a bitfile in the toolkit, I believe the FPGA will be executing the bitfile during operation. Will this be a problem if I want to use CAN communication?

(I have a cRIO-9082 with 3 NI 9862, 1 NI 9205 and 3 NI 9401 )

Thanks.

Jian

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Hi Jian,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Hopefully we can get this resolved. Using XNET in the same bitfile as the Engine Simulation Toolkit should work no problem.

I normally see that error when two different bitfiles are attempted to be loaded to the same FPGA target. Are you sure you're selecting the exact same bitfile from both the XNET portion of System Explorer and the Engine Simulation Toolkit?

Can you open the web console of your target and copy and paste the error from there? It should have more information. Visit your target by typing its IP address in your web browser. Then select the console button on the left side.

Take care

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Thanks a lot, Stephen.

The cause is that I used two different bitfiles. Now CAN is working with engine simulation toolkit.

Jian

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Great!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 200
(5,195 Views)

I'm getting an error using this toolkit in VeriStand:

Here are are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. Create a new VeriStand project and open the system definition.

2. Add the "Engine Simulation Toolkit" custom device.

3. Browse to the shipping bit file "EngineSimulation_FPGATarget_Everything_-maPPEweIOY.lvbitx".

4. Select Digital Patterns and click the "+" button twice to add two digital patterns (the error doesn't happen if you just add 1 pattern).

5. Select any other item in the system definition tree.

6. Now select the "Digital Patterns" item agian and I get error 1055 shown below.

Capture.PNG

Note:  I'm using VS 2013

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 200
(5,195 Views)

Hey Todd,

I just reproduced that. Thanks for the steps. Looking into it now

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 200
(5,195 Views)

I have a fix in, it is building now and should be up online soon.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 200
(5,195 Views)