From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engine Simulation Toolkit Feedback

hello Stephen,

I try to use your project, so I have create a bitfile for my target :

projet bitfile.png

I have insert it in my veristand project and create some signals :

projet veristand.png

when I deploy it on the target, I have this error :

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -2558 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Le stockage de données n'a pu être ouvert Vérifiez que vous avez choisi le DataPlugin approprié pour ce format de fichier.
(Data storage could not be open Check that you chose suitable DataPlugin for this file format)

=========================
NI VeriStand:  _openDataStorage.vi

_openDataStorage.vi and _createXmlString.vi are break an lock, so I cannot see the error.

Do you know where could be come this error?

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi HereveM,

The error is happening while trying to open your analog replay file. Can you give some more information about this file? What data plugin are you using to load the file? You can see this by going to your analog replay and selecting load data. Data plugin setting is in the top right.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Sephen,

The probleme is solved, I didn't ad a file.

I start with the custom device and I didn't undersand this part.

Now it's work, thank for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I saw you on the PSA Site Belchamp the last year.

I valid motor controls with LAbview RT and FPGA.

I integrated the toolkit and it works perfectly, but there are functionalities that i don't find in this toolkit.

And particularly the management of the SENT protocol in slave mode to simulate the pressure and oil temperature , low pressure and fuel temperature.

Have you planned to add this protocol has the toolkit because SENT has become a standrad in the automotive market?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Emmanuel RENAUD

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes I remember! That was a great trip.

I'm glad to hear the functionality provided works well. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have plans to integrate SENT into this toolkit, but it could be in a new custom device. If you contact your local NI representative they can start the process of planning this out.

Thank you

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Ok i understand.

So il it possible to use the same FPGA board (7853R) for this toolkit and another custom device for SENT?

If yes, do you have an example of a custom device?

Thank you in advance

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes the same FPGA can be used for a variety of different things.

There is no existing SENT custom device I can provide you. There is some FPGA code for it though: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211171

If you get in touch with your local NI engineers they should be able to get the processes started to address your needs.

Thank you

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hi Stephen,

I would know where we could find the source of the Engine Simulation Toolkit.

I have tried to open the Engine.llb but I am not able to visualize the diagram.

I would just check the method you use to access the FPGA varaiables because we have seen an important jitter in our VeriStand application when we use the data logging (for information, each time we start a data logging, we have a cyclic jitter (around every 300ms) and the jitter value is dependent of the number of data to record).

As in our application we have a inline custom device which access to the FPGA by reference, I would verify that we are using the good method.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hello Hubert,

You can find the source code for the Engine Simulation Toolkit custom device on GitHub.

Best Regards,

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 200
(4,209 Views)

Hello Lynn,

Is there a specific reason why we don't put the link to the GitHub by default on the Add On page in the Open Source section?

Kind Regards,

Thierry

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 200
(4,209 Views)