NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hey Rajamodol,

The error you are getting is actually a Veristand error(http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846B-01/veristand/vs_error_codes/). I usually get this when VeriStand is not open.  Is VeriStand fully started after the Start Veristand step? If not you might need to increase the time to wait in the properties of that step:

timetodelay.png

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 202
(4,272 Views)

HI Kevin,

I have a problem with the Get Channel Value function. The config step has same page as the Set Channel Value and I do not know where the read value of the executed funktion stores.

I hope you can help me

Lucas

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I have set the delay as you mentioned to 30s, 60s, 90s,... 120s... I still get "error -307652; User-defined error code." ;(

And also, the red warning in "Analysis Results" is still there, even i already initialized the Start Veristand in post #47.

I am using :

NI Teststand 2012, NI Veristand 2012

Windows 7

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

Perhaps, reinstall teststand + veristand will help?

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hey Lucas,

The channel value is stored in the results cluster of the step. You can access this at run time by looking at the run state of the sequence.

get channelvalue.png

Rajamodol- definitely no need to reinstall.  Those are the same set of products I use for my tests.  What happens if you delete the start veristand step and just start veristand manually before running the rest of the sequnce. Can you post your sequence so I can test it out on my machine?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your answer.

I have checked the variable at run-time. But the value was always zero even though the channel value was set to 1. I could also see that in the workspace.

Is it correct, that the Get & Set Channel have the same configurations page?

We found the problem, Get Channel.png

after we removed the Evaluate expression by the neuVal (OutputVal), the funktion works.

Lucas

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hey Lucas,

You are right there is a bug there.

getchannelvalue.png

The error is that the new value parameter has an Evaluate() function call around the result.  You can fix it as shown above or install the updated steps installer that I just posted.

Post back if you have any issues with that.

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 56 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Reinstall TS2012 + VS2012 doesn't help also... still have the same error.

Start Veristand step was also deleted.. Veristand was started manually, and i already waited untill ca. 2-3 mnt, then run my sequence.. same result. No chance.

Where shall i send you my sequence? Here i can only attach image and video.

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hey Rajamodol,

From looking at the sequence you sent me I think what is going on is that you are using the target IP address as the gateway IP.  What do you see if you provide localhost as the gatewayIP?

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 58 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hi Kevin,

You're right.... it works now...

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 202
(4,272 Views)

Hey Kevin,

thanks a lot for all the good information so far! I followed your instructions from the "NI VeriStand Add-on: Custom NI VeriStand Steps for NI TestStand"- sheet. I also want to configure a RT Sequence and tried to recreate your example. Now I think I´ve got a similar or the same problem as rajamodol but I coudn´t solve it. Why isn´t the "module"-button in the step settings pane displayed?

Unbenannt.PNG

How can I get to the Module specifications?

I am using :

NI Teststand 2012, NI Veristand 2012

Windows 7

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Hope you can help me!

Regards Michi

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 202
(4,272 Views)