NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hey Kevin,

I think I don´t get it exactly.

I browesed for the value for the Return Value of the outgoing singal and created there in the Expression Browser the variable "StimProfCheck" from the type Object Reference as the type of the Return Value. Is now this value going to be stored in the variable StimProfCheck?! What´s this value for and what am I expecting?

Unbenannt1.PNG

Then I want to get the state property. Should I also store the value of the Get Property in a veriable?

Also I didn´t know then what changes I´ve got to make in the sequence. There was always something wrong!

Unbenannt2.PNG

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Hi Kevin,

You need to set the property of the step to the installation directory for your VeriStand installation.  The default is on a x64 bit Windows machine.

About this issue, the VeriStand API provide an access to the InstallationDirectory: NationalInstruments.VeriStand.Internal.DirectoryUtilities: InstallationDirectory - Get

GetInstallationDirectory.png

You may use it to make this step (and the sequences you will write with it) independant of OS architecture (32/64bits).

Best regards,

Mathieu.

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 202
(4,245 Views)

I just installed VeriStand 2013, TestStand 2013 and the latest Custom VeriStand Steps.  When I drag the "Initialize VeriStand" step into my sequence I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

I believe my problem is that the "Initalize VeriStand" step is launching LabVIEW 2012 instead of 2013 in the background when I add this step.  Is there a setting someplace that I need to change to have it launch LabVIEW 2013 instead?

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 202
(4,245 Views)

That does look like what is going on.  I think that the way LabVIEW does this is just whatever version was last opened. 

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Hi ,

I just installled the Custom NI VeriStand Steps for NI TestStand Version 3.0 for TS2013 and VS2013. I am going to the doucmentation and was trying to build my sequence.

Upon adding the 'Open References' Step and clicking on 'Initialize' , I get an popup asking for 'Create Reference Locals_Mod.vi' and its unable to find it.

I also did an manual search and did not find it on my PC. Can you help resolve this issue ??

Also, Is there an sample sequence with the new steps available for reference?

Ash

Create Reference Locals_Mod.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 202
(4,245 Views)

I guess that is not working correctly - I just posted a new installer with a fix.  You can also use the Initialize VeriStand step instead of Open References - we introduced this step in 2013 (and that is what I have been testing with).

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Kevin,

I Installed it and not getting the same error.

Also, is there any updated example sequences to demonstrate the new steps?

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Great, glad its working now.

There is not an updated sequence for the new steps yet.  I plan to put something together relatively soon.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Kevin,

I am using Teststand to attempt to call an RT sequence and am getting an error I can't seem to find an answer for.  I was on the phone with Veristand and Teststand support for an hour yesterday and they couldn't solve it so they directed me here.  Hopefully you can solve my problem quickly. 

Teststand 1.PNG

That is my current setup.  I have configured the project correctly, I know this because if I remove the second step and replace it with say a get or set channel value step, I can control Veristand channel values.  However, the system fails when I try to open and deploy an RT sequence that I have made.  I know the RT sequence works becuase I built a stimulus profile for it and it runs just fine in VS.  So the error I'm getting is below.

Teststand 2.PNG

I appreciate your help.  Thanks

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 202
(4,245 Views)

Tyler, there is missing reference variable, that you need to create in FileGlobals and there are multiple other ones. Look at the attached fixed example.

Kevin, have you considered to create this variables automatically when you drop the step to sequence or as a part of pre substep?

CLA, CTA, CLED

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 202
(4,245 Views)