From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis TimeSync Custom Device Feedback

Can you verify each target has the same system time? Graph the "absolute time" channel on each target. The lines should overlap.

When graphing the waveform data with the waveform graph, right click the waveform graph and uncheck "ignore timestamp". This will plot their data with regards to absolute time. Does the data overlap then?

Using the console viewer, do you see "timesync: ni-sync now active" somewhere in the log?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 115
(3,600 Views)

Answer to your first 2 questions is attached in the screenshot. I unchecked that and thats what I see now.I left the graph with Absolute time as is.

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 115
(3,600 Views)

The graph - simple unforatunatley does not use absolute time to graph so you see this weird 1903 thing... so disregard that for now.

The other two things: the waveform graph and the graph of absolute time show the same offset. So clearly the absolute time between the systems is not syncrhonized. Can you verify you see "timesync: ni-sync now active" somewhere in the console?

Also, while the system is running and deployed, can you go to max and open the test panel for each 6683 (look at one target's then the next) and go to the 1588 tab... you should see that they are sync'd with 1588. One of them will be free running the other one will state it is connected to a master with the IP address of the other's 6683 card

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 115
(3,600 Views)

The attached is what I see.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 115
(3,600 Views)

So any ideas why its not in sync or what am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 115
(3,600 Views)

Here is the System Def.

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 115
(3,600 Views)

Can you verify you see "timesync: ni-sync now active" somewhere in the console?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 115
(3,600 Views)

One problem: in your system definition controller 1 has it's Chassis TimeSync custom device's time reference set to 1588.... but Controller 2 has it set to free running.  but should be 1588

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 115
(3,600 Views)

Yes I have tried both methods just to see if one works but still did not work. I did put that also as 1588 but still does not work.

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 115
(3,600 Views)

Attached is what I have on the software list on the real time system

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 115
(3,600 Views)