NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIT ARINC 429 Add-On Feedback

Hi evry one

I have some problemes when trying to deploy my system on an RT target, that contains an AMC 429 - 8

Any help ?

Does this custom device supports this card (AMC 429) ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi Fahssi,

Can you give me more details about the hardware you're using?

Is it made by AIT or AIM?

What is the part # and serial #?

Who did you buy it from?

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi,

many thanks for your answer

As you asked, I give you some informations about the card :

-The card is made by AIM (AMC 429-8)

-PN: 12A08-110

-SN: 0135

We have it in our office since 2006 ( at that time AIT didn't existe)

Remaining available

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi Fahssi,

There are a few issues with that hardware and this add-on. This add-on uses the AIT hardware API to interact with the board.

1. Version 1.5 and later of this add-on use AIT driver version 3.13, which is not compatible with AIM hardware. I would need to give you version 1.4 of this add-on and you couldn't ever get newer versions
  2. AIM hardware is only usable by the AIT driver if it is unlocked by a license key that AIT generates. AIT will only generate this license key if they sold that board directly when AIT was a branch of AIM (years ago). If you purchased that board directly from AIM... AIT had no involvement with that and will not license that board to use their driver.

I have asked AIT about your serial # and they are looking it up to see if it was sold to you by them. If so, they can generate a key for you.

However, #1 is a big problem. If you find any problems or need additional features... you will be unable to use later versions of this add-on.

Therefore, I highly recommend upgrading to AIT hardware: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209770

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi

Effectively I am using a 1.4 version

I think the probleme that I have is independent of the hardware I am using

The following error appears when trying to deploy

• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2011\Projects\Prog\Prog.nivssdf

• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...

• Compiling the System Definition file...

• Initializing TCP subsystem...

• Starting TCP Loops...

• Connection established with target Controller.

• Sending reset command to all targets...

• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...

• Starting download for target Controller...

• Opening FTP session to IP 192.168.1.46...

• Processing Action on Deploy VIs...

• Serializing 429 Database...Done!

• Gathering target dependency files...

• Downloading Prog.nivssdf [51 kB] (file 1 of 3)

• Downloading Prog_Controller.nivsdat [113 kB] (file 2 of 3)

• Downloading AIT 429 RT Driver VI.vi [68 kB] (file 3 of 3)

• Closing FTP session...

• Files successfully deployed to the targets.

• Starting deployment group 1...

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:

Error 1097 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node. The exception may have corrupted the memory LabVIEW. Save any work in progress to a new location and restart LabVIEW.

=========================

NI VeriStand:  NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi

• Unloading System Definition file...

• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

Remaining available

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi Fahssi,

Yes it looks like the error is independent of the hardware. That error shouldn't ever happen if everything is installed correctly.

However, I just herad back from AIT. They have no record of that board being sold by them so they cannot license you to use their API (which this Add-on uses). So unfortunatley you will need to purchase new hardware or find other software.

Take care,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Usualy we are trying to have a new hardware from AIT.Meanwhile, can you help me to resolve this deployment problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 193
(4,593 Views)

You should remove the custom device from your system definition. Then you should be able to deploy correctly.

There is no reason to waste time debugging a version 1.4 deployment problem as you will never be able to use that.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi,

I downloaded the 1.7 version of this custom device.

However, I have some installation problems, for exemple: Broken VI

Any help to instal and to deply it without errors ?

I am a new user of Arinc 429, so I don't know it very well

Question : Is this custom device compatible with PCI boards ?

My RT target is based-PC and the board is mounted on an PCI slot

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 193
(4,593 Views)

Hi Fahssi,

Any AIT 429 card that is compatible with NI-VISA should work. AIT can help you identify which ones. If I remember correctly, PCI should work fine.

Can you tell me more about the error? When and where do you see it? Can you paste the error text?

Can you right click your target in MAX and select -> Create report. Then select "Technical Support report". After creation, attach it here. (Click use advanced editor in the top right to add attachments).

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 193
(4,593 Views)