NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIT ARINC 429 Add-On Feedback

Hey Stephen - I am having trouble when I undeploy in Veristand and it seems to be due to the  AIT ARINC429 card/addon.  When I undeploy the CPU 0 usage gets pegged and I see "ERROR: Could not create shared memory segment fo FIFO operation". Then to connect the target back up I have to reboot manually.  When I remove the add-on i have no issues undeploying; even when i put the add-on back it works a few times then i see the error again.  I see there was similar post dealing with FIFO but it was more of nuisance trip.  Any ideas or if AIT has that fifo fix??IMG_20140305_121028806.jpg

I am working with the ARINC429 Ver. 1.8.0 add-on, Veristand 2012 with XP on my host machine, PXIe-8135 chasis (Pharlap) with an AIT PCI-C429 Card, and the AIT 4.6.0 driver (firmware uploaded to card).

Also i see ver. 1.8.1 just came out should i give that a try??

Thanks

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Hi Adam,

The FIFO error is not a problem. The AIT driver reports this to the console but it doesn't mean anything went wrong. They are removing the message in the next release of their driver.

The other behavior seems to be a problem. Can you make a new system definition and add the custom device and an example database and see how it works?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 193
(4,757 Views)

So created a project with just the add-on and a database but cant get it to deploy.  See error -307661 on the host and the target is just waiting for a command but CPU0 is at 100%.

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Hey Steve - wondering if you have been able to determine the problem or if need more informnation from me?  Let me know, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Hey Adam,

I'm sorry, for some reason I never got notification of your previous post so I didn't realize there was still an issue. I got this one though. Maybe it got spam filtered or something.

So, to be clear, you used to be able to deploy correctly... but couldn't undeploy without the target hanging... and now you cannot deploy at all?

Considering this problem is specific to your system (I haven't seen it and no one else has reported it), can we try a clean slate?

1. Reformat your PXI target from MAX
  2. Download and reinstall the v4.6 drivers from AIT
  3. Download and reinstall the AIT custom device (1.8.1)
  4. Reinstall all software to your PXI target form MAX
  5. Create a new NIVS project with a new system definition
  6. Add the custom device and select to import the example database "RxTxWithParams.xml"
  7. Deploy
  8. wait a moment and confirm functionality
  9. Undeploy

If this does not work, please provide the console messages from the target. you can get them from visiting the ip address of your target through a web browser

Thanks for your patience!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Stephen - performed all these steps, no problem deploying, but still see same error (earlier posted screen shot) when i go to undeploy. I feel like we got a special case here, anything else we can try??

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Hopefully I dont ginks it it but shortly after I messaged you I tried the steps again and I have been able to undeploy without any errors.  Ya!!!!!!  Apreciate all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Well that was short lived issued returned. Please advice

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Dang. Well I need to set up a system here to reproduce. Can you give me a MAX technical report? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 193
(4,757 Views)

Report attached. Nice feature, good to know.  Thanks for the quick responce

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 193
(4,757 Views)