NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xmlpack utility

In TestStand's sequence editor, from the Tools::Package XML/HTML Files for Distribution ...

I'm trying to understand this tool in general. I originally thought it was a tool that allows the XML/HTML files created by TestStand's report generation (at the target) to be viewed (at the target) when the user wants to open up a report after the test procedure completes and the report is closed.

But, from reading the Help associated with XMLPack, it seems like (at the development pc), I have to provide the utility with a list of files I wish to redistribute to the target. What I'm wondering is, what is XMLPack's main purpose and how does it tie into TestStand's Deployment utility.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,750 Views)
Hi
XMLPack's main purpose is to allow a user of TestStand to distribute XML reports generated after an execution to
others who maynot have the same directory structure.
Hence it takes a list of TestStand generated XML report files, "Packs" them ie collects all its dependencies (images etc) in one place.
The user can then give all the files in the new packed files folder to his customer and they will be able to open it on their target machine.

Hope this helps
Anand Jain
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,739 Views)