cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml from sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have sequence which is calling executable and I want to pass as argument xml representation of currently opened sequence file.

I have tried to pass something like - RunState.SequenceFile.Path.GetXML(XMLOption_NoOptions,0) but I get only "<TS?" string.

How can I achieve it? I dont mind if it pass xml file, or xml as string. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,601 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eruiluvatar

There are two XML formats. The one returned by GetXML is used for XML reports, not sequence files. The XML sequence file format is obtained by changing the FileWritingFormat of the file to XML (seqfile.AsPropertyObjectFile().FileWritingFormat) if it isn't already set to that, and then saving the file to disk. You can serialize the data for the sequence file in a similar XML format using Engine.SerializeObjects() using the serialization option SerializationOption_UseXml, but it will not be a sequence file. You will have to deserialize using Engine.UnserializeObjects to read it back into a sequence file.

If you explain in more detail what you are trying to do, I could perhaps suggest what might be the best approach.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,581 Views)