From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when test stand call a VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have test stand sequence calling some VIs. they all work fine.

My problem is when i update VI. then seams test stand still call the old VI.

I promiss i pressed the button 'reload VI prototype' and i also tried close Labview and close teststand then re open test stand.

meanwhile if run VI in labview debug mode, eveything works fine.

Any way force make sure test stand call the latest VI?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,991 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NemoChen

It seems that you have your VIs duplicated on the system.

When TS 'loads' a VI, it reserves it by default until the VI is 'unloaded' by TS. You can modify the time when these two things happen by modifying the Load and Unload Option in the step settings. Default settings are:

- Preload when execution begins

- Unload when sequence file is unloaded

As long as the VI is reserved by TS, you cannot modify it in LV.

There are the following possible reasons for your behaviour:

- Someone disabled the 'Reserve Loaded VIs for Execution' option in the LV Adpater Configuration. You can modify VIs outside of TS, but afaik changes are only active for TS if you unload/reload the VI.

- You have, as indicated above, duplicated VIs which synchronize only in specific circumstances (e.g. Source Control).

- You run the VIs in LV RTE without unloading/reloading VIs after making changes in the VI. However, i never tried if modification of VIs, which are currently reserved by the LV RTE, works correctly.

You can manually use File >> Unload All Modules in TS to unreserve all VIs. Maybe this is a sufficient workaround for you.

If that works, but you want it to be automated, you can override the step module unload configurations in the sequence file options. However, you would have to change that for all sequence files you are dealing with and that configuration would be part of these sequence files. That means that distribution of these files to other target systems will carry that behavior to these systems (on per-file-basis of course).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,986 Views)

This definitely solved my problme.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,962 Views)