NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch expression in Operator Interface (Teststand3.1)

For debugging purpose, I want to integrate a watch expression in the teststand operator interface like in the sequence editor.

My first attempt was to insert a UIControl in the operator interface and use a Connect-Method to connect it with the WatchExpressions-collection. But I didn't find an appropriate UIControl or an Connect-Method.

Now, my second attempt is to wait for one of the following events (not sure which to use, seem's there is no WatchExpression-Event):
-ExecutionViewManager.Trace-Event
-ExecutionViewManager.ContextChanged-Event
-ApplicationManager.RefreshWindows-Event
With the event I get the SequenceContext of the current displayed Execution and I can evaluate the watch expressions and update a value-display (using the PropertyObject.GetFormatedValue-Method). To build the watch expression, I can use the ExpressionEdit-UIControl or an simple text control and store it in the WatchExpressions-Collection or a array of string.

Does anyone know a easier way to implement watch expressions in operator interface?!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,703 Views)
LVFan -
That is basically the way that the TestStand sequence editor does it. You must wait until a valid context is available to reevaluate the expressions.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,686 Views)
Hi,

There was a tools created in CVI that you could add to you tools menu that provided a watch window. I have used it with the LabVIEW OI, but it does require that you have installed on your target machine the developement teststand environment.

It worked with Teststand 2.01f1. It was on the NI website but as yet I haven't been able to find it.
I might still have a copy of it.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 6
(3,676 Views)
Hello Ray Farmer,

can you tell me,  if the tool (Watch window for OI) somewhere in NI-Web is avaible.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,455 Views)

Hi,

I can not find it on the website, so its probably been removed.

I'll see if I still have a copy of it for you.

maybe this link maybe of help to you

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4F8AEC68AE27C99386256BB8006DD3D4?opendocument&Submitted&&...

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 5 of 6
(3,447 Views)

Hi,

Found a copy. see attached

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer