NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts.starttime

Hi,

for each step there is a parameter named TS.StartTime. The TestStand ReferenceManual explains it as "the number of seconds since the TestStand Engine initialized". I do not realy understand when the TestStand Engine initializes. What I need is just the start time of each step (i.e. sequence call) in my main sequence to have a start and end time for each of it. I can evaluate the end time of a step with TS.TotalTime, but to do this I need a start time.

Thanks a lot and regards

Nicole
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,300 Views)
Hi Nicole

Maybe this forums entry will help you.

regards

Manuel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,276 Views)

Nicole -
The value in the TS.StartTime is similar to the Seconds expression function.  You can use the Date and Time expression functions to convert the output of Seconds to a formated string or individual values.  The key is to pass the seconds value to parameter 6 and True for parameter 7 of the Date or Time functions. 

If you want to know when the engine started, you can determine this by calling the expression: 'Seconds(False) - Seconds(True)', or using the API by calling 'Engine.SecondsSince1970UniversalCoordinatedTime() - Engine.SecondsSinceStart()'.

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 3
(3,262 Views)