NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text dialog box instead of Report tab

I'm using TS3.5 and customizing the LabVIEW version of the OI.  I would like to do two things.  (1) Make the Test Sequence and Test Execution tabs visible at all times.  Currently, the Execution tab (along with the Report tab) appear when "Test UUT" is selected or Executions is selected in the Listbox to the left of the SequenceView control. (2) I would like the report information to appear on the Sequence and Executions tabs as a Text Dialog box, to the right of the SequenceView control (that currently displays Step,Status,Flow Control).

Can someone get me started?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)
I have a slight modification to requirement (2).  I would like the Report information to appear in the Execution tab only - not in the Sequence tab. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,813 Views)

Hey Mr. Bean,

1) There is a subvi called Configure Event Callbacks in the block diagram.  Inside of here there is a callback VI for the UIMessage handling.  It is called Page Change CBack.  Inside of there you'll see a subvi called Show Appropriate Tabs.  This is where the tabs are being set for which one is shown.  You can tweak this code to do what you expect.

2) You can just copy and paste the ReportView control onto the execution Tab.  You will have to change some things in the block diagram to get it to look right.  Like the code in resize controls subvi so that your execution control doesn't overshadow the new reportview control  and you'll most likely have to make the new reportview control ConnectReportView.  You can see how this is done by looking at the other one.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,792 Views)