NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand step does not run when called second time

Hello,

I have included a sequence which calls a sub sequence 3 times with different parameters.

When executing the 2e subsequence the VI's cannot be run.

They do run but nog with new parameters.

When I set the settings for the VI's in the sub sequence to unload after the step has executed there are no problems.

The vi's used are almost the same as supplied by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,991 Views)

Hi InspectorGadget123123,

When you mention that the VIs cannot be run, what do you mean bexactly by that? Do you see an error? if so what is the error code?

Would it be possible to let me know the hardware setup that you have for the project so that I can see if we can reproduce the issue on our side?

Kind regards,

GajanS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,947 Views)

Hi GajanS,

The hardware I use are 2 PCI-8513/2, each sub sequence call uses a different can port.

The VI's are executed but they don't do anything only the one that is first run works until I restart teststand.

So when I run the second subsequence it will work, but the first and 3e does execute properly,

I think I need to know how to unload the module.

When I run the sequence and then click on "Unload all modules", I must be able to edit the VI but this does not work.

The Module somehow cannot be unloaded.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,942 Views)

Hi,

If you need to unload modules between the runs automatically do the following.

Add a statement step with "RunState.Engine.UnloadAllModules()"

This will unload the modules.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,923 Views)

Hi Ravi,

As far as I know this is the same as selecting  'unload module after each step' which I now use. 

What I now use works but I want to know why the module stays in memory, even when I select 'Unload all modules'. 

Once it has been run I cannot edit the canbus vi's, even when selecting 'Unload all modules'. 

But when I set 'unload module after each step', then it works again.

gr,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,917 Views)