From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand multiple numeric limit test next tep

Solved!
Go to solution

I am coding a multiple numeric limit test step stype and have a fundamental question/problem which I don't see a straightforward solution to.  If I am measuring and comparing 4 differnet parameters, I may have 4 differnt next steps to vector off to depending on the result.  How do you code this optimally in Teststand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,212 Views)

Consider the attached sequence file.  Not how I would do it, but it is an option.  To give it more flexibility you could make it more dynamic.  This is a very static solution.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,206 Views)

Thanks for the good example.  What I am trying to do is to understand how to set programming stds up for an architecture which allows multiple configurations of the same UUT which require mainly the same tests but different repair/replacement actions based on these tests failing. 

This requires the ability to have a loadable configuration of different FI Rules for the same tests.  Segregation of these rules from the actual tests to be dynamically loadable from a separate file is desirable.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,176 Views)

I have seen and implemented several solutions to this problem.  However, they are proprietary to the companies for which I work and thier customers.  So I cannot disclose in a public forum.

I will give you this advice:  Abstract the test steps away from your client sequence file and call them dynamically.  That way you can use a post step failure callback to call the Repair steps dynamically as well.  In the Post Step failure callback you will have to evaluate the failure and compare against a lookup table (whether that be a DB or a flat file).  Then you will call the repair steps dynamically as well.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,173 Views)

I had a little time this morning so I threw this example together.  Let me know if it is helpful or if you have questions.

The lookup table is in a FileGlobal but could come from a Database or FlatFile and be read in at the beginning of MainSequence.  It is the key to everything.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

That is excellent.  Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,109 Views)