NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test stand and multiple workstations

I run on a network and have several workstations that I can perform my test data analysis on.

I want to orchestrate a test with TS and then after test completion I want to kick off three machines to crunch on my data and then have them seperately report back their results.

Is this something that can be accomodated within TS?

jim k.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,887 Views)
Hi Jim:

TestStand offers excellent database connectivity. You can have develop test code on your development machine and write data to a database as processed. The three machines that are working with the results read data from the database and process them. Again, the results reported by these three machines can again be read from the database and processed by TestStand (compiled into one report).

Hope this helps
Nandini
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,862 Views)
That does not work for me my data files are giga bytes in size.

The question is about a test sequence within TS and whether or not it can launch 3 or so different com activites in parallel as part of the same sequence?

jim k.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,857 Views)
TEstStand provides several ways to synchronize threads within the same sequence. The Synchronization steps share several common features and can be used in the Parallel and Batch process models. You can choose your process model to be any of the above, and then use the following step types which will enable you to synchronize multiple threads of sequence execution from within a sequence.
1. Lock
2. Rendenvous
3. Queue
4. Notification
5. Wait
etc....

Please refer to the Synchronization Example program in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples

You might want to look into using the Batch Process Model.
- This controls a set of test sockets that test multiple UUTs as a group
- Ensures that you start and stop testing all UUTs at the same time

You can try using the Serial model if you want one thread to access a resource at a time. However if you have three resources each being accessed by on thread, you can simply use the parallel synchronization.

Hope this helps
Nandini
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,841 Views)

Thanks

jim k.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,835 Views)