From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test sockets

hi!!

how to change the number of test socket directly into teststand!!

I see modelOption in the parallelModel.seq, but it's never call so I can't modify the number of test sockets.

Any idea?!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,538 Views)

Hi,

There are a couple of ways to change the number of test sockets depending on whether you would like to do this at edit-time or run-time.

If you just want to change it in the TestStand environment, you can go to Configure>>Model Options, and there is an option to change the number of test sockets. Note that this option will only be available if the process model is set to parallel or batch.

If you want to setit programmatically, you would have to override the ModelOptions callback, as described in this article:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2802/en/

Depending on your version of TestStand, some of the images/steps in the above article may not apply, but the general steps are still valid.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,505 Views)

Yes, I want to set it programmatically!

The ModelOptions sequence is already in my list on the parallelModel.seq.

The problem is that even if I put something in the ModelOptions.seq, it's never called my anything!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,479 Views)

Never mind!

I found a way to make it work!!

I create a new stationGlobal variable where I set the count of socket I need for a specific station.  Then, in ModelSupport.seq where it change the count, I applied my new count there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,477 Views)