NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system level exception -17502

Hello,
I get the following error, when I want to execute a labwindows dll step in testsystand 3.1:
"system level exception -17502"

The strange thing is that on 2 other PCs this step is working with same version of teststand and LabWindows

what could be the problem?

regards samuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,869 Views)

Hi Samuel,

You might want to check that you have all the correct dependancies to the DLL, ie any lower level drivers that the dll calls up and there are the correct versions.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 4
(3,862 Views)
Hi Samuel,

If all three PC's have the same Teststand and Labwindows applications, then another area
to check is 3rd party software, e.g. instrument drivers.

Whenever I have unexplained problems with a function called from a dll, I turn to an utility which allows me to check
the dll file itself.
The application I use at the moment is: Dependency Walker, it's available on the Web.
Dependency Walker will show, amongst other details, the relationships that the suspect dll has with other dll's,i.e
it will inform you of any missing dll's that your called dll needs.

regards,

Gary.
Message 3 of 4
(3,861 Views)

That is strange..  The other PC's do not have this error although they have the same dll's...

My experience with that error code has been "array or buffer out of bound".  The buffer size was not sufficient to hold the data that was passed to it.  Interesting, indeed...    hummm....  😐

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,825 Views)