From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

station globals enum type

I ended up going with the combo box.  Thanks.  I have another related question.  In that same dialog, I have a string file path control.  In the sequence editor's View Station globals, I don't know what type this equates to.  I tried 'string' but that didn't work. 

In general, is there a table that shows the conversion between TestStand types and LabVIEW types.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,725 Views)
There's no such thing as a "string file path control". There is a "string control" and a "path control". On the diagram, the string control is red and the path control is green. What do you actually have? My guess is a path control because your station global path name is a string and you say it doesn't work. Unless things are changed in 3.5, you only have a string data type in TestStand. To convert a string to a path, just use the String to Path function.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,728 Views)
Sorry, I should have said, in the "String & Path palette, the file path control".

I tried the stringToPath (see my attached bitmap).  I've tried connecting to a path control propertyNode of Path Text::Text, and Value, but neither seem to work.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,725 Views)
You are getting an array of strings. That's easy to tell because of the double-thick red line. Don't you want a station global like ATEReg.CalibrationData.Path? Is ATEReg.CalibrationData an array or container?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,721 Views)

In the Select Type (right-click option of the Test Stand Get Property Value.vi) I had selected String Array in one of my experimentations.  I changed this to String and it worked.

I'm still struggling, however, to know how the various TestStand types map to LabVIEW types.  Is there a table somewhere?  TestStand's Object Reference, Container, Types::Path are not clear to me.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,716 Views)
Read the manual "Using LabVIEW with TestStand". My version has a chapter entitled "Using LabVIEW Data Types with TestStand" with a table right there at the beginning.
Message 16 of 25
(1,714 Views)

I was able to read in all the strings from my StationGlobals.ini file and populate the dialog box with them.  However, when I try to read the CalibrationData, I receive an error inside the TestStand Get Property Value call.  I've tried setting the StationGlobals type to string and to path, with the LV conversion from string to path inbetween the property node.  Anything glaring that I'm doing wrong?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,691 Views)

Hi,

You probably need to have the path string using \\ (two backslashes) in your TestStand Variables.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,687 Views)

Hi,

You String for "StationGlobals.ATEReg.CalibrationData" has an extra space on the end of it eg "StationGlobals.ATEReg.CalibrationData "

and also the LogFile lookupstring.

and also the StationData lookupstring

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-13-2006 07:30 PM

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-13-2006 07:31 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(1,687 Views)

Ray,

I cannot find this extra space.  I think it just may be an optical illusion due to loss of quality in converting to a bitmap.  I've looked in the View::StationGlobals and in the .ini file.  Is there somewhere else I'm missing?  Also, my string in the .ini file does have the double backslash (i.e. "C:\\ATE\\StationInfo\\CalData.txt")

I've attached a file showing the error message I receive.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,678 Views)