NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow execution on deployment machine

Hey Chas,

Would you happen to have any old report files?  These should list the execution time of each module.  If you enable report generation on the current setup, you could compare execution times and see specifically which modules are running slower in the newer version of TestStand.
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,134 Views)

The application we are having trouble with is a multithreaded test application capable of testing 16 devices at a time. The test facility reports the slow down occurs when more UUTs are tested.  One intuitive reason for the slow down could be that each thread is protected against the others by a lock on the serial port. But it is unclear why the sequence based on TestStand 2.0 would not show this slow down when the sequence based on 3.1 does.   Another variable is that when the move was made from 2.0 to 3.1 the locks were broken.  The nature of the break was is that the return variable Step.Result.TimeoutOccurred was never true even if a timeout had occurred. So I am using a version of SyncSteps.dll that a fellow on this web sight provided me. The portion of the code that is slow does not use locks that timeout and it is not obvious why the lock dll would slow the code down anyway.  I’m just providing as much information as possible hoping you can make further suggestions as to what to try to resolve the speed issue.

thank you,

Chas

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,119 Views)

Hey Chas,

I was wondering if there was any way you could break the code down and possibly post a piece of code that exhibits this slow down.  I was also wondering if there were any other variables that changed from when you upgraded such as the operating system or virus scanning software.

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,102 Views)