From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set value of parameter in sequence call programatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to set the value of parameters of a sequence call with a vi with the sequence context in the sequence which is called? If not from the same subseqence maybe with a vi in the mainsequence?

Parametervalue.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,126 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rokot

In your VI, I think you should be able to set the value of Step.TS.SData.ActualArgs.paranumber.Expr to the desired parameter value. (This property is visible in the Variables pane only if you have configured the Station Options to show hidden properties). Note that the Step object should refer to your sequence call step.  Also, keep in mind that that property represents an expression, so if you want to pass the value 33, you must put the value in quotes ("33").

Jeff

Message 2 of 5
(5,120 Views)

Hello Rokot

in the VI you can do this

test.png

also attached a demo for this

If i have misunderstood something or you need addtional information please let me know.

best regards
Alexander
Download All
Message 3 of 5
(5,104 Views)

@jsiegel: Can you make an example? I dont know how exactly acces to this value.

@duffy: No, this only changes the value in the subsequence. I want to set the value of the parameter before in the module pane in the mainsequence.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,050 Views)

ok, it works, thanks jsiegel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,041 Views)