cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequence file updatation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

We have source code developed in CVI, and the code is used to test various functionality of the product with the help of sequence file,

I have one issue any help greatly appreciated,

I would like to abort the test sometimes in between before completion of all the tests, whenever I abort the test , it has to perform one specific test.

Eg: there are 1-30 tests whenever I abort the test (Say test 5), it should perform 25th test and complete as 25th test has few type settings of the product , I am aware there are something to change in sequence file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,761 Views)

What mechanism are you using to abort the test?  Is it aborting if a certain step fails?  Or is it a button on the User Interface that gets clicked to abort?  Is it always the same step that needs to execute (i.e. step 25)?

In TestStand there is a huge difference between Terminate and Abort.  When a sequence is terminated it executes the cleanup step groups of all sequences in the call chain.  When a sequence is aborted the execution is killed immediately.

A little more info would be helpful in finding the right solution.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,722 Views)

Hello Jigg

Many Thanks for your response,

there is abort function in User interface, when ever user like to stop, he just clicks on Abort button , 

My requirment is when ever user clicks on abort button (before test 25), it has to execute 25th test before killing the execution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,709 Views)

I would put the 25th step in as the first step in the Cleanup step group.  Then tell them to click the Terminate button and not the Abort button.  In fact if it were me I would redo the User Interface and remove an obvious ability to Abort, maybe embed it deep in the menus somewhere.

As I said before, Terminate will run the steps in the Cleanup step group.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,698 Views)

Hello Jigg

there is no terminate button on the User Interface, I have only option to deal with Abort button .

Thanks

Hussain

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,669 Views)

Which UI are you using?  Both the simple and full featured ones that ship with TestStand only have Terminate Execution buttons.  If you are using a custom UI I would switch it to terminate instead of abort.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,647 Views)

Its customized User Interface, I am not intended to change UI rather I would like to change the sequence file, changing UI will cause lot of efforts in Validations.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,635 Views)

In this case there is nothing you can do.  Because it is an abort and not a terminate the thread is killed immediately and there is no way to interrupt and make it jump to test 25.

Unfortunately this was a bad UI design decision and totally disregards one of the coolest features of TestStand, the ability to run a cleanup routine upon termination.  If they had used a terminate, instead of abort, then you could just put the 25th test step in Cleanup and it would always run.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 8 of 18
(4,609 Views)

Hello Jigg

when get into the sequence edit function, there is Sequence setup / Clean up routines buttton, let me know you meant the same cleanup function.?

Hussaiin 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,592 Views)

i guess we have Terminate properties in Abort function, could you please let  me know how can we add test 25 in clean up ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,586 Views)