From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search and delete step from result list

What i want to do is basically what it is stated, search a result list for a particular step and delete it.

On the example i have a case structure each case will call a sequence. so before executing the sequence i want to find if that step was chosen before in order to delete the previous result and keep the new one.

i know that on the result list array, the name of the step is stored here Locals.ResultList[x].TS.StepName

so how i wanted to solve the problem is by doing  looping through  Locals.ResultList[x].TS.StepName until the step name is equal to TheRunState.NextStep.Name. Then if that is true do Locals.ResultList.DeleteElements(Locals.postodelete,1,0)

i have tried this but no luck, i tried with a looping statement and didnt work. some race conditions are inolved thats why i have some locals created there.

any ideas?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,609 Views)

I found a community example that deletes from the result list: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15520

Is your issue coming from the actual deletion or from finding the right step to delete?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,540 Views)

Hi buton,

1.) Static: Settings pane Properties->RunOptions->Result Recording Option->Disabled

2.) Dynamically : Last step Result: Statement: SetNumElements(Locals.ResultList,GetNumElements(Locals.ResultList)-1

Just see the Example

Hope that helps

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,534 Views)