From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run vi asynchronously causes on the fly reporting header to mess up

Hello,

I'm using run VI asynchronously to open a prompt to alert the user to wait while other things are happening under the hood.  When I have these asynchronous steps running in normal mode (not skipped) the header of the XML report (and at least the ASCII report too) is missing the start date and time and the status (even after execution is completed) says "Running".  When I skip these steps, the report comes out just fine.  This only happens when reporting is set to On the Fly (when not On the Fly, the report header is fine whether the steps are skipped or not). 

I'm using TS 2010 sp1.  (I don't currently have the option of using 2012).

I appreciate your ideas!

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,022 Views)

Are you waiting for the asynchronous VI call to complete before your sequence completes? Either with the automatically wait checkbox set or with a wait step set to wait for a thread.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,018 Views)

Yes, I am waiting for the Thread to Complete via the checkbox and closing it by setting a local in the sequence with a statement step at the end of cleanup.  Also, I should disclose that this is happening in a sequence in another sequence file (a secondary or support process model), not the primary process model or client.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,015 Views)