NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run time reporting

I need to display runtime info. I would like to use the results window of the user interface for this, is there any way to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,597 Views)
Hello,

If you are looking to display the report information as the test is running, there is a feature in TestStand v3.0 and later called “On-The-Fly Reporting.” On-The-Fly reporting creates the report as the test is running and you can view this on the operator interface in the “TestStand UI ReportView Control.” To enable “On-The-Fly Reporting” go to Configure >> Report Options in TestStand and check the “On-The-Fly Reporting” box. I hope this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,578 Views)
Actually I found an even easier way and it works with 2.0. If you create a PostResultListEntry callback in the process model you can create a custom string however you would like and specifying this string for the Report.Append method whatever you want can be displayed in the Results window. The information displayed is scrollable while running and is cleared prior to displaying the normal report at the completion of a test program...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,572 Views)
I followed the directions in the Generating Reports on the Fly documentation with TS 2.0 and copied the ProcessModelPostResultListEntry and SequenceFilePostResultListEntry sequences into my test model. ( SequentialModel ). I get a report that I want but if I terminate my program I sometimes get an error. It comes from step SkipFilteredResults which is called by PutOneResultInReport which is called by Format Result:HTML which is called by ProcessModelPostResultListEntry. It says the precondition can't be evaluated. I do get a UUT type conflict error when looking at this sequence through TestStand. What do I need to change to stop this error from occurring? Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,506 Views)
Grasshopper,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what is causing your issue at this point, but if we can narrow it down a bit, it may help. What is the precondition for the step? What is causing the type conflict? In other words, did you make changes to your type palette or does it appear to be something with the sequences you are loading? What code did you add to the Engine callbacks that you added to the file? I'd be very happy to help you, I'm just not completely clear what is going on at this point. I look forward to your post. Have a good one.

Adam B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,477 Views)
Adam,
The precondition for the step is !Evaluate( Parameters.ReportOptions.ResultFilterExpression ). I compared the sequence to the original SequentialModel and the type conflict is that my version has UUT listed as "UUT" and the original SequentialModel has "UUT_1". The code I added was per the instructions to follow.

OnTheFlyReports.Seq contains an on-the-fly report generator that you can integrate into your process model.

Installing the example

1) Copy the default process model folder, TestStand\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels, to the TestStand\Components\User\Models directory so that you can make changes. Restart the sequence editor if it is running. These instructions now refer to the TestStand\Components\User\Models\TestStandModels\SequentialModel.Seq file as your process model file.

2) Open OnTheFlyReports.seq and your process model file. Select the All Sequences view in each sequence file. Copy the ProcessModelPostResultListEntry and SequenceFilePostResultListEntry sequences and paste them into your process model.

3) In OnTheFlyReports.seq, select the Sequence File Globals view. Copy the sequence file global variables. Paste them into the file globals in your process model file.

4) Edit the TestReport sequence in your process model file.
1) Delete the Call Get Report Body (C Implementation) step
2) Delete the Get Report Body step
3) Copy ActiveX Action step named Get Report Body from the TestReport sequence in OnTheFly.seq. Paste the step before the Get Report Header step in the TestReport sequence in SequentialModel.Seq.
4) Open the Specify Module dialog for the Get Report Header step. Change the value of the StepCount parameter to FileGlobals.StepCount.
5) Copy the Statement step named Clear Globals from the TestReport sequence in OnTheFlyReports.seq. Paste the step at the end of the TestReport sequence in your process model file.

Thanks.
-G-
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,471 Views)
Adam, any luck?
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,365 Views)