NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting results

Hello,
when I make numeric limit tests, are the results automatically stored in the report? (if the test pass or fails). How is it normally done, that all testresults (pass/fail) with teststep-description will be stored in the report?
regards
samuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,552 Views)
Yes, by default all test results are recorded on the report.  Individual steps can be set to not record the result by going to Properties and clicking on the Run Options tab.  The check box Record Results controls whether the results are on the report or not.

You can also filter your report results globally.  Go to Configure | Report Options...  On the Contents tab, you can select to record All results, Exclude Passed/Done/Skipped, Passed/Done only, Exclude flow control, or use the Expression Browser to build your own filter.  This control is only enabled for ASCII and HTML report formats.

But wait!  There's even more!  You can go to Configure | Database Options...  On the Logging Options tab you can set the same filtering options as the report options.

I believe in recording everything and filtering the data later.  If you are producing reports for other people straight from TestStand, you may want to filter out the flow control and other less important steps.
----
I am the founder of CnCSoftwareSolutions. When not cleaning up baby drool, I write about test data or work on Vision, a tool for understanding your test data. Visit me at www.cncsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,533 Views)