NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report viewer scroll

Does anyone know a way to dynamically scroll the report viewer so that the current test is displayed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,276 Views)
Could you please explain further? When I'm looking at the Report tab while doing Test UUTs, I see the latest result and after it is completely finished, it generates a complete report with all the results.
Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,237 Views)

For instance I may have hundreds of tests for a single UUT. I want to see the last test result viewer. When the report viewer updates it always shows the cursor and enough to fill the window. If the cursor is not moved it will always show the top portion. If I move the cursor it the same thing happens and new test results are not shown.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,231 Views)

Hey kphite,

This behavior is actually by design, because if the report viewer always scrolled to the bottom, it might be very difficult to view a single test result due to the speed of test execution. 

However, you can force the behavior you describe by putting the cursor at the end of the report--just hit Ctrl+End on your keyboard. This should cause the report to scroll as results are added.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,227 Views)

Daniel-E,

I would have to continually hit Ctrl+End because if I do it only once then the results will continue to add to the report and out of view. This is what I am doing now but it's not convenient.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,223 Views)

Couple of questions:

What version of TestStand are you using and what type of reports are you generating.

A similar issue with scroll position and text reports was fixed in TS 2010 SP1. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,220 Views)

Anand,

I'm using TestStand 2010 SP1 and I have an ascii report but I tried xml with the same result.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,216 Views)

kphite,

A few more questions to help us narrow things down:

-Are you using the Sequence Editor or a user interface to execute the tests and view the reports? If it is a user interface, did you modify the interface in any way?

-Does this behavior occur if you execute one of the built-in examples?

-Would you be able to try capturing a screen recording of the issue so we can examine it? I believe there are free software programs available to capture a screen recording. If the resulting file is too large to post, please private message me and I can send you instructions for our FTP site.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,187 Views)

Daniel-E,

My understanding is that this is designed behavior. I'm not questioning that, what I want to do is modify the designed behavior. On a production ATE the datalog output window will dynamically scroll to show the last test result and if you want to see a particular test result you can pause the dynamic scrolling and manually scroll to the test of interest. Then you can set it back to dynamically scroll. This is the behavior I want to emulate. If it's not possible then maybe it could added in a future release.

- I am using the ASCII Text File report format unmodified.

- Yes, this behavior works the same on the TestStand examples

- I'm not sure capturing this would be of any benefit.

kph

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,185 Views)

If I'm understanding what you want correctly, this is how the report viewer is designed when you press Ctrl+End, so I'm surprised this isn't working on your end. To clarify the current behavior, I created a short video screen capture of a test. It is attached to this message.

In this video, I click OK on the UUT Info Dialog to start the test, and then press Ctrl + End. I only press it one time and then just sit and watch the test. You can see that as the code executes, the report continues to scroll to the bottom. Is this the behavior you are looking for?

I executed this in TestStand 2010 SP1 with an ASCII report, and of course with on-the-fly reporting enabled so we can see the report as it is generated. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,176 Views)