NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report options callback

Solved!
Go to solution

This issue has been discussed in various threads before. However i'm still not able to get it to work properly.

I have attached a simple sequence containing one step, and a report options callback.

I only get a report named ".xml". The dynamic name is missing.

Can anyone "fix" the settings in the report options callback, to add any dynamic name (e.g. $UUT).

thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,673 Views)

Hi,

Are you trying to generate a new report for every serial number that is entered or just a final report? Because I am assuming that when a report is generated in this sequence every time it comes out with the same name and this overwrites the previous report. 

The report I am seeing generated is ").xml" at the moment. I'm just having a look into this to see if I can find something. 

Have you tried using on-the-fly report generation?

Best regards,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,640 Views)

in this "simple" example i would like to name the report :

<serialNumber>.xml

that means a specific report for each uut.

My real need is a bit more complex, but right now i can't even get the simple example to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,634 Views)

My guess, without testing, is that you are writing the wrong ReportFileSequentialModelExpression. There are multiple locations (e.g. Parameters.ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific...).

Also verify that you are configuring TS to use an Expression for definition of the report file name.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikolajEgeskovOstergaard

I got a lot of support from NI application Engineer, and after quite a strugle my report options callback is now working.

The lack of precise documentation and the long list of parameters as well as other strange phenomenons made this very difficult.

I think NI has made a simple thing (choosing (in your sequence) where to store a report) very complicated here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,507 Views)