NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference a numeric array in PostUIMessageEX

Thank you Josh,The warning is helpful, especially for me coming from PB environment where garbage collection and reference close out is doe(suppose to) automatically.I read the referenced URL and wonder if I got it right.Using the close reference function in the callback VI is a must, which I did for every invoked node (or the last of the invoked nodes in a series of nodes of the same property). But in the VI that call the callback VI, and register the event callback I only unregistered the event when this VI is done.So the process is that TS call a synchronized VI GUI,  use custom messages to communicate through callback VI, which is launched by the GUI VI, and the GUI VI  unregistered the callback event when done. All references are closed within the callback vi.Now, the question is am I missing something about closing any reference to the call back VI within the GUI VI? I can only see issue of un-registering the callback event.

Thanks again.

Elik

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(890 Views)

In the UIMessageCallback.vi, what exactly is the purpose of the second Dynamic Variant to Data.vi call?  When I pull this code out and drop it into my application where I am passing a 2D Array of String on the ActiveX parameter the second time that vi is called the parameter type is array and I get a -2147352571 Type Mismatch error.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(611 Views)