NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing size of huge .seq file

Hello,

I've a project with a .seq file that is about 4Mb huge.

It is very long to open in TestStand Sequence Editor and also TestExec versions.

I guess there is lots of useless elements for production execution in this file: may be change history is stored inside?

Of course I've first remove any unused step from the sequence.

Is there a method to reduce the size of such a file (and the reduce the loading time)?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,421 Views)

Sequence Files can be saved in Binary, XML and INI file format.

Binary format is the smallest among the three.

Saving the sequence files in binary format will reduce the size of the sequence file. You can change the file format of the sequence file in sequence file properties. You can access sequence file properties in Sequence Editor using Edit >> Sequence File Properties menu.

You can also use Sequence File Converter tool to modify the format of sequence file.

- Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,390 Views)

Thank you for the tip.

Will binary format save time at open of file along with reducing size of file? most of the time the compressed formats are longer to open due to uncompress actions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,386 Views)

Binary format is both the smallest and the fastest. You can find more information in http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052F-01/tsref/db_file_formats/

- Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,373 Views)

Size of files reduced by 10:1 ratio and application load seems to be speeded up, you're right.

Thank you for the advices.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,338 Views)