From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read result list in SequenceFilePostResultListEntry

greetings to the citiizens of Teststan-osphere,

I have to  read the resultlist from main seq & sub seqs  (num, str, arrays bool etc)  in   SequenceFilePostResultListEntry   

I was partly sucess ful using

Parameters.Result.AdditionalResults["Parameters"]

1) are there  other  methods   for the same task. 

2) the steps in  SequenceFilePostResultListEntry    do not record their  result.   How do I record a result in this callback.?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,073 Views)

We could probably help you better if we understood what your goal was.  Why do you want the callback to insert results into the container?

You can access the caller's resultlist by using Caller.Locals.ResultList.  Then you can iterate through it and do whatever you want pretty much.
  You can even insert subproperties into it. 

I don't recommend recording any results in an engine callback.  That just doesn't make sense.  It doesn't get propagated back to the main resultlist.

If you want to manipulate the currently executing step's results it looks like you are on the right track by using the parameters.  Because those are passed by reference they will propagate back to the caller.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,017 Views)

Thanks a lot Jigg,

I have the issue solved.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3