From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"sequence file registration"

How do I register a sequence file? See attached error box indicating so. I'm running TestStand 3.0 on a 8186 Controller running Windows 2000.

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,041 Views)
That is not a TestStand message.

Your system must have some additional software installed that verifies sequences.

I know there are some third party packages that do that. Or, it could be something that someone implemented in-house for your system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,036 Views)

James,
   Other than TestStand, CVI, Excel, Virus Protection SW, and an Image capture app, there isn't anything else on the controller. 

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,030 Views)

I double checked by searching our entire source tree for that message >> nothing.

Note that someone could have modified your TestStand installation without creating an installer for their modification, in which case it wouldn't show up in the Add/Remove programs control panel.

Most likely a message like this is being displayed by a custom UI or a custom process model.  If it still happens when you use the NI supplied sequence editor, then make sure you are using an unmodified NI supplied process model. Also try using no process model at all.

Another possibility is than the sequence itself is calling code that displays the message.

Message 4 of 5
(3,019 Views)

James,
   You hit it in the bulls eye.  It was our Company specific Process Model.  All is OK.  Good call.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,006 Views)