NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"expression browser"

I scoured the TestStand documentation and can't find much on the Expression Browser.  I'm somewhat new to TestStand and need help understanding this feature.   I almost want to guess that Expression Browser is a Microsoft thing and not a NI thing.  Is this correct?  Where do I go for help on the Expression Browser? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,786 Views)
The Expression Browser is a TestStand component.  It will allow you to browse for TestStand variables and utilize the TestStand Expression Language that allows you access to some functions. 

Help on the Expression Browser can be found in the TestStand Help.  If you use the Index to find "Expression Browser dialog box", "Expression Functions", and "Expression Operators", it can describe some of the basic functionality of the feature.

There is also an Expression Edit UI Control that allows you to add to your own code modules and utilize the expression browser (often times useful for Custom Step Types).

You do not NEED the expression browser for anything, but it is just a very good way (especially for beginners) to find the variables and functions available.  Think of it like AutoCompletion on steroids.

If you have something specific you are trying to do with it, it may be much easier to step you through an example.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,781 Views)