NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Break" monitor

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW we have the Termination Monitor VI's we can use to watch for the sequence being terminated.

I've been poking through the properties and methods to see if there's a similar way to monitor for a "Break" command in the sequence and so far can't seem to find one.

Does one exist or do I need to just create my own?

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,242 Views)

Are you talking about when someone aborts a LabVIEW VI? 

The engine already handles all terminations submitted through the UI or Sequence Editor.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,240 Views)

No, trying to detect when someone hits the "Break" button (looks like a Pause button) in TestStand.

Reason is there will be some asynchronous VI's running during the sequence and the operator will sometimes need to Pause the sequence and I need to be able to properly handle the Pause in the background processes.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EdDickens

Execution.GetStates

You should be able to get that from the sequence context.

The ExecutionRunStates enum will provide you with the correct information.

Unfortunately there isn't a VI for this already.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,235 Views)

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I figured it had to be there somewhere, just couldn't find the correct one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,222 Views)

Glad to know that's what you were looking for.

In addition the UI Message: 1 BreakOnUserRequest gets sent whenever a break occurs.  This is useful if you need to detect when the user triggered a break.  You can create an event off of it.

Good luck,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,218 Views)
The UI message might be helpful.

I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,214 Views)