NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

property loader load from database issue

Hi All,

I am fighting hard with Property loader.

As u can see in the seq. file ,  I have to name the "Numeric limit Test" same as the row in the database or "Numeric limit Test" should exist in the database Table.

Is there a workaround for this!

database table

SAP_MaterialID                LIMITS_LOW                  LIMITS_HIGH                     Tout

101 66 666 50  
102 7334 8567 3  
103 6 897 49  
104 5 7 52  
105 33 83 53  
NULL NULL NULL NULL  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,905 Views)

HI

Sorry, I don´t understand what you mean.  What do you want exactly. Do you want to dynamically name the step during execution?

So what I mean is, first column first row in the first iteration set the name of the step to 101. Second iteration 102.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,864 Views)

Hi BRennhofer,

thanks for ur response!

No I dont want  to rename the steps but unfortunately the Property Loader  demands  that the  step Name be part of the database table

and that is the issue.

I am trying for a solution or a workaround for this.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,860 Views)

I'm not sure but please try to uncheck this:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,851 Views)

forgot the pictures

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,848 Views)

The property loader step type expects a column to be named STEPNAME and the name of the value in the database must correspond to a step name in the sequence that you will be import properties into. One option is to customize the name that is returned from the SQL recordset:

"Select SAP_MaterialID as STEPNAME, Limits_high, Limits_Low from LIMITS"

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,779 Views)

thanks Scott,

i think the property loader expects   the SAP_MaterialID  values 102, 103 ... as the step name  & then it works ok

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,774 Views)