NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with report generation

Hello, in my report is nearly every teststep listed. Due to have only the testresults I have disabled the click box in "StatementProperties->run options->record results for the steps which I don´t want to have in the report.
I have this to do for every step which I don´t want to have in the report.
Is there a easier way to do this?
regards
samuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,051 Views)

Hi,

If there are sequence calls that you know are not required to logged to the results. Then disabling in the properties of the that step will also mean you will not get the results for the sub-sequence steps.

Alernatively,  you can set the disable property in the Sequence Properties Dialog for any Sequence that you dont want to log results.

Otherwise, you are down to going through your sequencefile and sequences to disable the the logging that are not required.

You could generate a sequencefile to do that work, by loading each Sequencefile and working through each step. But you will have to apply some sort of rules, such as disable all steps in Setup and Cleanup groups or only enable Test type steps such as PassFail etc.

Hope is helps

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,048 Views)
Hell Ray,
thank you for your very good help all the time.
I want to enable only Pass Fail steps and numeric limit tests.
how can I do this?
Do you have an example?
regards samuel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,034 Views)

Hi,

I'll try and get you an example later today as I dont have access to TestStand at the moment.

One other possibility would be to modify the report generation sequence file. to check if the type was one of the required types and skip on all the others.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,022 Views)

Hi,

Attached is a small example.

At the moment it will only do one sequencefile at a time and only looks at the steps in the Main of the sequence "MainSequence".

It will obtain a list of steps in the Main of MainSequence of a Selected SequenceFile. It will then loop on all the selected steps. if the step is an Action step, it will switch of the Result Setting.

Give it a try.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,007 Views)
Now that the sequence is done, there are not too many things you can do to automatically change the checkbox. You can open the sequence in a text editor and hope and pray that you can figure it out; but I have tried that and it doesn't work very well, the result is usually a corrupt sequence. Ray has a way with the TS API, but these can be large distractions from the task at hand. However, for the next bigger and better TestStand project you can copy pre-configured steps from a holder sequence into your new one. This means that you have to refrain from using the insert step from the context menu. This is what I do now.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,995 Views)