NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pragmatically disable analyze file before execution

is there an api call that will set analyze file before executing to disabled?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,897 Views)

Hi bcat,

Check out the link below for more information. Copied from the source:

"By default, the sequence analyzer enables the Analyze File Before Executing option in the Sequence Analyzer Optionsdialog box. In the sequence editor, click the Toggle Analyze File Before Executing button on the Sequence Analyzer toolbar or select Debug»Sequence Analyzer»Toggle Analyze File Before Executing to enable or disable this option. When you enable this option, the sequence analyzer uses the rules and settings in the current sequence analyzer project to analyze the active sequence file when you initiate an execution. Enabling this option can help you find errors early during development."

Full page linked below.

Analyzing a Sequence File or Workspace File in the TestStand Sequence Editor

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsref/infotopics/sa_analyzing_se/

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,856 Views)

Finch, 

Thanks for the input.  Unfortunately that does not answer my question. I know how to enable or disable the Analyze file before executing using the user interface. The way I am using the teststand sequences I don't have access to the UI.  I create an instance of teststand and run sequences through another program.  So I want to create a sequence I can run that will disable the analyses file before executing so that when I run other sequences in that instance of teststand they don't get analyzed first.  

As an example of something similar that I am doing.  In the UI you can go to Execute->break on step failure to toggle that on or off.  I want that to be off for all of my sequences so I have a sequence that calls RunState.Engine.stationoptions.BreakonStepFailure=False and that programmatically does the same selecting that menu option.  I am looking for an API call similar to that for the Analyze file before execution 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,853 Views)

Hi bcat,

Thanks for the clarification. I am not immediately aware of an API call that would be able to do this. I'll keep looking and let you know what I'm able to find.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,826 Views)