From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot a graph and show on a pop up

Hi,

Im developing a test execution in test stand which reads a waveform from NIPXI 5124 with ReadWaveform() function and get the data as an array.Now I want to plot this array content as if viewving the scope monitor ( as you know there is no monitor of 5124) , and show it to the operator asking if the wveform is similar to the waveform expected. only visual similarity is enough for us. I tried to use zNi TestStand graph control.ocx as activex control but I could not succeed.Because I dont know what to select for object reference and other variables.I could not find any example for test stand and cvi application on net or teststand examples directory.I' m not sure that I'm on the right way.Could you please send me an example for suca a case.Or is there any alternative way to create  an application which plots a graph of the waveform measured and shows as a pop up picture?

waiting for your immediate reply.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,687 Views)

Why don't you just pass the array as an input to another step of your sequence (you just have to create a step in CVI that plots the graph and waits for user input saying OK or NOK). This should be a really straight forward approach

Hope this helps

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,681 Views)

hi thank you for your reply. I found a function plotwaveform in cvi.dll.But it needs a panel handle.But I use teststand and I do not have a user intsrface that I can set as panel handle.So can you recommend a function that can save the graph as a file (like .jpg, .bmp) that I can show it in a pop up message in the next step.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,613 Views)

You can use graph.cws example for your use case.

This displays graph in CVI.

Please note you can display CVI UI from TestStand also.

Run the test sequence in the folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2012\Examples\Demo\C

This example also popus up a CVI panel.You can re use this example or use the graph.cws from CVI or a combination of both.

If you are comfortable with Labview you can use the same.Display a graph from an array.

Connect the array to the connector pane.

Call this VI from TestStand and send the array.

FYI - TestStand sends the array info to CVI code.

CVI displays the graph ( CVI needs panel handle and not TestStand).

On clicking quit the CVI is exited and control comes back to TestStand.

Please try and If you are still facing problem please let us know i can make a simple DLL for you to display your graphs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,608 Views)