NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pass fail state of a teststand sequence

I have a subsequence that performs some actions - it turns some hardware on, asks the user if it's on (this device has no registers for me to read to make that determination, so I have to ask the user), turns the hardware off, asks the user if it's off.  The actions are VIs and the message popups have yes - no buttons.

(1) Is a sequence the best container for all this (I didn't want to clutter the MainSequence with 6-10 ministeps)?

(2) When I run the test as a whole (TESTUUT), I would like the aforementioned sequence to contribute to the overall test results.  However, the sequence should only pass if both user prompts are affirmative.  In other sequences that actually contain steps of type passFail, the sequence seems to base its status on the step.result.passfail of those tests.  However, in this case, I have actions only and want to base it on the yes/no replies.

(3) Can someone explain how/if sequences contain status, and if not, is there a better way to do what I want to do.

Thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,107 Views)

Make Call SubSequence

Use the  button value  of the pressed button 0,1,2 so on

Use post expression form the TS Expression  to solve your if conditions for Pass Fail and also check the Go on Pass and Go on Fail

Keep your Main Sequence easy to read(mininual program flow control) only the sub sequence calls

MainSequence

SubSequence1    Operator Input validationI(parameter.output of button press)  if parameter.outputofbutton pressed=2 Goto Clean up (example). The labview code return the value to the teststand module.

SubSequence2    Test One

Hope it help a little(myTwoCents)

Good luck. You Can Do It.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,090 Views)
I understand the PostExpression comments, and the logic surrounding the button presses.  What I'm not clear on is what exactly TestStand will base the pass/fail of the subsequence on.  Since there are not passfail steps, just actions and message popups, what does TS look at.  In general, is there a state for a sequence similar to a passfail step that has a step.result.passfail
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,078 Views)
Why don't you just add a pass/fail step in the subsequence that looks at the results of the the two pop-ups? You could also make the pop-ups themselves a pass/fail test.
Message 4 of 4
(4,075 Views)