NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pass cluster through DLL to Teststand

Thanks Julien,

my custom data types are set as mentioned in the document. 1 Byte packing & Labview  string & labview ARRAY.

i tried to close most of the points but  someewhere some issues are there

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,119 Views)

Have you already set the right string length?

Julien De Freitas

Applications Engineering Group Leader / Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
National Instruments Switzerland
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,115 Views)

Ja

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,113 Views)

aparab,

I believe I've gotten this working. The primary issue was with passing the Time Stamp data type from the DLL into TestStand. The Time Stamp is not well-suited to being passed in a DLL; see this forum post for more details. I changed your LabVIEW VI to use a string for the timestamp, although a numeric double might be easier to work with in TestStand depending on what you are trying to do. After making this change and rebuilding the DLL, everything worked properly.

As a side note, you probably need to change the numeric format of your custom data type on the C Struct Passing tab of the custom data type properties. The numeric values in your DLL header are defined as int32_t values, which are signed 32-bit integers. Your custom type seems to have these numbers defined as 64-bit real numbers, so your actual numeric data will be very incorrect unless you change the types to be 32-bit signed integers.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you continue to have trouble with it.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,093 Views)

thanks Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,091 Views)