NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameters showing up only during Runtime

When I run my sequence (Run Selected Tests using Single Pass) and stop on the first step of the MainSequence I can see in the parameters section the following paraeters:
       __ContinueTesting
UUT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,172 Views)

Continued..... (hit ENTR by mistake)

Those 2 parameters are added only during the runtime.  Is this normal?  Why does it happens?

Thanks

Rafi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,169 Views)

Are you sure you aren't looking at the PreUUT sequence?  I have tried to replicate the behavior and have not (using 3.5).  Can you give an example of how to reproduce this behavior?

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,167 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,149 Views)
Hi and Thanks

in order to see this behavior...

1. Open a new sequence and add an Action step with the NONE adapter
2. Look under Parameters and see that there's nothing there
3. Put a breakpoint at the step and run it.
4. While at the breakpoint, look under the Context, at the Parameters and you will see __ContinueTesting and UUT.
5. It does not appear if you de Run Selected Steps.

Why?
How?

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,148 Views)
I have tried to reproduce your steps in 3.5 and it appeared to be working properly.

For the first step in your sequence, place a message popup that will display "NameOf(RunState.Sequence)", and see what it displays.  The parameters you are seeing are consistent with the PreUUT sequence.

What version of TestStand are you using?

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,137 Views)

Thanks Allen very much

I figured it out.  Actually it is something I've done a long time ago.  I modified the sequential model so that the main sequence transfer these two parameters.  The purpose for that was to get the SN (stored in my StationGlobals) in case the operator selected 'Run selected steps Using SinglePass'.

Do you know of a better way to transfer the SN (UUT.serialNumber) back to the sequential model in this case?

Best Regards

Rafi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,127 Views)