From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operator interface statusbar

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

where is the best place to update the informations (for example station globals) in the statusbar of the (standard full LV) operator interface? The main loop?

greetings

Schwede
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,005 Views)
Smiley Sad Hello, Smiley Sad

i want to repeat my questions and give some more informations about it:

The assignment is to display the fail/pass count (and other varaibles) from the sql database in the statusbar of the OI window.  And this after every UUT at execution time.

1. I want to get informations (like global variables) from TestStand and receive it with the OI after every UUT at execution time.
Some solution maybe to generate a UIMessage in TestStand (PostUUT/PostUIMessage) and received this with the OI. But how does it work? Example?

2. The really difficulty part is to display this informations in the statusbar of the OI at execution time. Smiley Surprised

thankyou for your help Smiley Very Happy

Schwede

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Schwede
Hi,

You can use the Thread.PostUIMessageEx(eventcode = UIMsg_ProgressText, , YourTextParam, , ) method.

The OI will then display your supplied text to the StatusBar of the OI or SeqEditor. You dont have to do anything extra in the OI to handle this.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,962 Views)