From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtaining the step limits out of a sequence from a labview program

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing a labview program to access teststand sequences' various properties to automatically grab the data out of the sequnce for documentation. 

The step.limits.high property is very difficult to retrieve from the teststand sequence programmatically using just the sequence file as the input.

Does anybody know how to obtain the limits on a step from a sequence file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,389 Views)

Not all steps have that property.  Are you seeing it error out?

You could do one of 2 things:

1- Check if the property exists first and then get it.  use the Exists method of the Property Object class.

2- Check which StepType you are dealing with and then only get that property when it is a NumericLimitType.  Step.StepType.Name will return the step type.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,376 Views)

Thanks Sir but I am still having problems.  When I created a dummy sequence which has only a numeric limit test in it with limits and units populated in the step, I always get the "Exists" method returning a false.

I suspect that it may be my lookup string (Step.Limits.High).  Any help on that may be my next benefit from you.  See attached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,360 Views)

Only use the StepType stuff if you are trying to look at different step types.  If you only care about the Numeric then look at what I've done below.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 4 of 9
(5,353 Views)

That works ! 

Now one more question - how do I get the Step.Description field...I do not see anything that looks like that lookup string.  "Step.Description" does not work...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,345 Views)

Check out attachment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 6 of 9
(5,342 Views)

Thank You overy much....they both worked.

Now I am stuck again with the Step.Limits.Units...any help is appreciated and I promise I will close this after this one..this stuff isnt very intuitive

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,332 Views)

I got busy.  Just saw this.

Units is stored in the Results container so you need to do Results.Units.

Attached is a screenshot of how you can find the lookup strings.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

Thanks alot sir.  I will take it from here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,289 Views)