NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not reporting after deploying

My seq is working fine on my development computer, both via the development editor and the simple/full-featured userintyerface.

I have setup reporting in ATML, Access DB and offline report format.

Reports are located on a server inhouse.

When i deploy my system, and install in on my production machine, and run it via the Simple or Full-featured UI, it says "no result from main seq", and none of the 3 reports are being updated !

I store files via my teststequence, on the same server,  during the test, and those files are updated. I.E. the test-station see the server and folder ok 

any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,242 Views)

After changing the "result processing" options locally on my production station through the "full-featured" UI, the reporting is done.

I thought the "result processing" was seq specific and not station specific. At least is seems to be station specific.

Can i deploy that part also ? ... where is the information stored ?

If i add a "offline report" however, it is still claiming there is no main sequence results, but all other report type contain main seq results.

what am i doing wrong ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,228 Views)

Hi Nikolaj,

The station options settings are stored in the testexec.ini file. Search directories is another example of what is stored here. You can find that file and other configuration files in the <TestStand Application Data>\ Cfg directory.

You can find more information here:

How Do I Include My Station Globals, Search Directories, Tools Menu, etc. in My Deployment When Usin...

And here:

TestStand 2014 Help: Configuration Files

Message 3 of 4
(4,190 Views)

I just went through this same issue with my Deployment for about 2 weeks now and have finally found the solution. It is really annoying and so dumb. It should just automatically be included during the build. Your report gen is being autodisabled either A: because you didn't include your config files in your distribution Or B: because you are missing all of the support files required for standard reporting using the Provided Sequential or batch sequences (i.e. Sequential model, Model support, Reportgen, report style sheets etc). I spent 2 weeks searching for this answer and reading white papers and best practice documents on what to include in your deployment. NOT ONE simply says to go into the Installer Options tab and select the Drivers and Components button; within the make sure within the TestStand Run time item drop down to make sure the Process Models runtime is selected! This should just be auto selected if the TS Runtime is selected, would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Message 4 of 4
(2,442 Views)