NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni requirements gateway examples

We are using Microsoft Word for capturing our requirements.  LabVIEW and TestStand to actually run/control our tests.  I would like to use NI Requirements Gateway to link all of these sources of data.  I'm stumbling my way through the customization and user guide for Gateway, but I'm not really clear on some things.  I'm wondering if anyone has a small example they can share that shows how these items would all be linked?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,741 Views)
This depends greatly on the format of your Word Document that holds requirements.  The default format that Requirements Gateway can read consists of using Styles in Word to determine what is a Requirement and what is the description text of that requirement.  This example can be found in the NIRG directory under <NIRG>/examples/Word/.  This format can be customized if you are using a different format.  However, in order to be parsed, there must be some regular format that can easily be understood by a computer.  For more information with using word, the Coupling Document on Word found in the Help is the best place to start.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,727 Views)